Métis Nation of Ontario Child Care Subsidy Pilot Program
This application will open on January 11, 2020 at 9:00 am EST. In order to compete the application you may require the following:
- Proof of Métis Nation of Ontario citizenship
- Proof of child's age
- Proof of income (i.e. Notice of Assessment, recent paystubs, Statement of Canadian Child Benefit) for all adults in the household
- Child care receipts after September 2020
- Parent Agreement if you receive child care fee subsidy from your local municipality/region
If you have an application in progress, OR have recently submitted an application OR are currently in receipt of MNO subsidy, an Early Learning and Child Care Program will be in touch with you. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions about the program.
The Métis Nation of Ontario Early Learning and Child Care program is pleased to announce that, effective January 11, 2021, MNO Citizens can now apply to have their entire child care costs covered by the newly expanded MNO Child Care Subsidy Pilot Program. Child care costs will be covered for licensed centres, centre based child care centers and unlicensed child care centres on a case by case basis.
The Métis Nation of Ontario offers a province-wide child care subsidy program to support Métis families access safe and quality child care that fosters a child’s lifelong learning. By providing this support, Métis families can continue to aspire to their highest potential.
The MNO Child Care Subsidy Pilot Program applies to Metis families who are paying child care costs for their children attending a child care centre (age 0-4) or a before and after school program (ages 4-12), including when centers are closed. The program also provides the option for families who are receiving regional or municipal childcare subsidy to apply to the MNO to help cover additional costs. Due the changing child care landscape during COVID-19, the program will be taking into consideration private child care on a case by case basis.
Effective January 11, 2021 to March 31, 2022, the MNO Subsidy Pilot Program will cover all child care costs for eligible families. After March 31, 2022 families may be required to pay for a portion of their child care costs.
Qualifications for the Childcare Subsidy Program:
- Be Métis Nation of Ontario citizen
- Have a child aged 0-12 in need of childcare
- Reside in Ontario
- All Métis families who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply. Each family will be equitably assessed; however, priority will be given to families with most need.
Families that do not meet the qualifications for the Subsidy program may qualify for the COVID-19 Child Care Support Program.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the program.