Métis Nation of Ontario Child Care Subsidy Pilot Program
January 22, 2024
The MNO Child Care Subsidy program application is temporarily closed as the ELCC Family Supports team works on program and application updates.
The application will reopen on April 6, 2024.
- If you are a current subsidy family, your subsidy will remain unchanged.
- If you recently submitted your first subsidy application, it will be placed in the review queue and added to the subsidy waitlist.
- The current waitlist is four to six months from when the complete application is received.
- If you are updating your financial information or are completing your annual review, your application will be updated when the portal reopens in April.
- If you are a current subsidy family and are changing child care or need to add a new child, please reach out to your Family Support Administrator.
- If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com
November 30, 2023
The current waitlist for the child care stipend program is approximately 4-6 months. Please complete this application form to access the waitlist. A Family Supports Administrator will be in touch when your application has been approved.
If you are an existing subsidy family, you MUST use the application to update your personal information, your child care information, or your financial information.
The Métis Nation of Ontario offers a province-wide child care subsidy program to support Métis families access safe and quality child care that fosters a child’s lifelong learning. By providing this support, Métis families can continue to aspire to their highest potential.
The MNO Child Care Subsidy Pilot Program applies to Metis families who are paying child care costs for their children attending a child care centre (age 0-4) or a before and after school program (ages 4-12), including when centers are closed. The program also provides the option for families who are receiving regional or municipal childcare subsidy to apply to the MNO to help cover additional costs.
There is no upper income threshold for the child care subsidy. The subsidy is calculated based on a family's income and child care need.
Qualifications for the Childcare Subsidy Program:
- The parent/guardian or child must be an MNO citizen eligible for direct benefits.
- Have a child aged 0-12 in need of childcare
- Reside in Ontario
- All Métis families who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply. Each family will be equitably assessed; however, priority will be given to families with most need.
- Have a confirmed spot in a child care.
In order to compete the application you may require the following:
- Proof of Métis Nation of Ontario citizenship
- Proof of child's age
- Proof of income (i.e. Notice of Assessment, recent paystubs, Statement of Canadian Child Benefit) for all adults in the household
- Parent Agreement (if you receive child care fee subsidy from your local municipality/region)
- Proof of child care completed by your child care provider
Families that do not meet the qualifications for the Subsidy program may qualify for the child care stipend program.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the program.