Métis Youth Rendez-vous Camp
The Métis Nation of Ontario is excited to be hosting a Métis Youth Rendezvous Camp across the province virtually through the Zoom platform.
We will be hosting a 3-day camp filled with workshops in an effort to connect our youth with their Métis culture and way of life. This camp will allow participants to explore different skills and gain a deeper understanding of their Métis heritage. In order to receive the supplies for their session, all forms must be completed. Access to technology including a webcam and microphone as well reliable internet is required to participate in the camp.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Self-identify as Métis
- Enrolled and attending school within the province of Ontario
- In grades 7, 8 and 9 (age 12-14)
- Provide a letter of support from a teacher/guidance counsellor or Métis community council member and a letter of motivation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 18, 2022
Should you need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
1. It is strongly recommended to complete the application using a computer rather than a mobile device.
2. Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon submitting. Please contact the Program Coordinator if you have completed the application but do not receive an email.
3. Youth applicants must complete their application using their own name and email address. This will allow parents to register as collaborators. Please read the definitions carefully, as this can be confusing during the application process.
- Applicant- is the youth that will be participating. They will request the Collaborators and Recommenders for the application.
- Collaborator- is a parent/guardian that can review their child's application and sign any forms required. They are able to see all sections of the application.
- Recommender- This can be a teacher, guidance counsellor or member of a Métis community council and they will be required to provide a Letter of Support for the participant. The recommender can only access the Letter of Support.